Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Chapter 8


Well, I'm back!!! I'm back with a new wall decoration, I might add.  Shot a trophy moose 4 hours into our week long hunt... totally crazy and totally exciting all at the same time. Northern Ontario was absolutely beautiful. Can I say that I kind of realized how pathetic I am for the simple fact that many of the towns we passed through, I was able to rattle off an NHL player that was from there?!! Ugh. Totally not a puck, but writing these stories sometimes makes me seem like one. Ooops.

Well, we are back at it and hopefully ya'll didn't leave me!! Can't wait to hear from you!!


Rhododendron (here in PA we have the wild version called Mountain Laurel, which is actually our state flower)... this flower says, BEWARE.







“What time is it?” I asked as I attempted to untangle myself from Joff’s arms and sheets that were wrapped around my naked body.

“Time for you to fall asleep in my arms and not worry about the time,” he mumbled sleepily.  I had come over around 6:30pm for dinner and instead we skipped it and went right to the dessert in his bed.  “It’s Friday night and I told Nana that she’d get you back on Sunday evening at the game.”

I folded my arms in front of me and left out a huff.  “But I’m still not sold on spending the whole weekend with you, besides you went behind my back to ask Nana to watch my daughter so that you could take advantage of me all night.”

He rolled over onto his side and leaned down over top of me, placing his lips just centimeters from my neck so that I would shiver as his breath caressed my skin when he spoke, “I don’t think I’ve heard one word of complaining out of your mouth so far tonight.  Besides, I need to have all my ducks in a row when you try and give me excuses on why you don’t want to stay with me.”

“Oh, are you insecure now?” I asked, laughing at him.

“No, just very horny,” he growled, biting into the side of my neck, making me to curse loudly as I clawed at him to stop, but failing miserably when his strong arms wrapped around me, pinning my arms to my sides.  I wriggled underneath him as his mouth moved up to my ear and he began whispering nonsense into it, causing me to get worked up once more for him to take me.

“Let me be on top,” I begged when he went to push my legs apart.  He obliged me by quickly flipping me over, allowing me to slide my pussy down onto his dick.  I placed my hands on his defined hip bones to steady myself as I set a pace, pushing him deep inside of me so that he was balls deep and moaning out my name.  I had quickly come to enjoy the way he was very vocal during sex and I loved the faces he would make when we hit the right spots together.  

Every time I was on the edge of an orgasm he would do something extra to push me over and give me a mind blowing experience.  “I’m supposed to be in charge of this,” I complained when his hands wrapped around my ass and began lifting me up so that he would thrust into me, feeling him bottom out.  After two or three times I retracted my complaint.  “Okaynevermindthisssfeelssamazing,” I breathed out, allowing myself to focus on my next orgasm.  “Fuck!” I yelled when he slammed into me.

A cocky smile played across his face as he left go of my ass cheeks and began rolling my nipples between his fingers effectively bringing me to the top.  I couldn’t help but lean backwards onto his thighs as I quivered on top of him.  A relaxed smile played across my lips as I felt him convulse inside of me and leave out a deep moan that vibrated through me.
  
“Haven’t you learned not to complain when I decide to do something?  When will you trust me?” he growled, pulling me back down towards his chest as I felt his hardness begin to go soft again inside of me.

I laid my head in the crook of his neck as I laid somewhat awkwardly on top of him, but not minding.  “When you prove to me that this is just a dream,” I murmured

“How would I do that?” he asked curiously.

“By telling me that this was all a mistake and that you don’t want anything to do with me and my daughter,” I answered honestly.

I felt him lightly chuckle, “Well then I guess you’re never gonna wake up, because I don’t think I could tell you that, ever.  I’m too in love with your daughter and I’m falling way too hard for you to even think about walking away now,” he said as he looked down at me. “These last three weeks have been amazing with you and Sofia…” he whispered sincerely, causing me to look up and kiss him on the chin.

“I agree,” was all I could say as I fought from keeping my tears back.

He was right, everything had been simply amazing.  I don’t think I had ever been this happy, except for the day Sofia was placed in my arms after giving birth to her.  Joffrey made an effort to see us both at least once a day, even if it was only for lunch.  A lot of times he volunteered to pickup Sofia from school if he didn’t have a late practice or he would take her to her own hockey practice in the evenings when I would get stuck at the shop with a project.  Tonight was only the second time since our first “date,” that we had “adult time,” just proving the fact that Joff was a saint when he needed to be.  Of course there were a couple times that he’d push me into the work room of the shop or the bathroom and lock the door for a quick fuck, but he would always make sure Sofia was no where to be found.  I just never realized there were actually men out in the world that really didn’t mind dating a woman with extra baggage, for lack of better terms.  He still didn’t ask who Sofia’s father was and I still didn’t tell him. However, I knew I was going to have to tell him sooner than later, I was just dreading it.


“That sounds great! We’ll meet you guys at the hotel before dinner!  Later, Scottie,” I said into my phone and hit the end button.  I was going to be back on the ice for my first game tomorrow night, playing against my best buddy, Scottie and the Phoenix Coyotes.  I was excited the guys were in town an extra day from playing the Sharks last night, the team had a bunch of fun dudes and I figured it would be a good night to go out and celebrate me getting back on the ice.

“You and Krissy game to go out tonight?” I asked Bobby as he walked past me in the locker room after practice.

“Sure, wouldn’t see why not.  You bringing Avery along?”

“Yup, she’s at my place right now, probably trying to catch up on her sleep,” I said with a cocky smile.

“You better not be tired for the game on Sunday night,” Bobby quipped back as he punched me in the shoulder.

“Nah, I’m feeling great, I’ll be ready.”

Bobby just smiled and nodded his head, “Alright, I’ll see you tonight.”

“See you then!”


Later on that night…

“You look smokin’!” I chirped as Avery walked out of the bathroom in a bright colored mini-dress with black high heels.  Her hair was pulled back in a high pony-tail with her bangs teased and pulled back into the pony-tail.  Her green eyes sparkled with the dark eye-liner and shadow that outlined them and her lips looked like a juicy strawberry; I found that they tasted like one too as I pulled her against me and stole a kiss.

“So you like it?” she asked. She pushed me away and did a little turn for me.

“Yah,” I answered like it was a stupid question.

“Krissy helped me pick it out this afternoon while you were at practice…”

“Oh, and here I told the guys you were back in my bed, waiting for me, naked.”

She rolled her eyes and smacked me with her clutch as she turned to walk out the door.  She then abruptly stopped and turned around as she said, “Oh, and by the way, you look fucking sexy.”

As I looked down at my get-up I heard her laugh in a lusty tone as she turned back around to head out the door.  I looked down at myself and smiled in satisfaction at my jeans and coal grey dress shirt that had a subtle texture to the material to make it pop.  Fucking sexy, eh? I like the sound of that.

After an eventful dinner with Uppy, Biz, Pyatt, Lepisto, Bobby, Hiller, Sbsia, and the girls, we headed out to club LAX.  The place was loaded with people dancing to the beats of the guest DJ.  Avery and I found ourselves in the middle of it, wrapped up in each other, not paying much attention to our surroundings.  I couldn’t help but notice how Avery knew how to handle herself in these upscales clubs and seemed to feel comfortable in them.  Even I was not 100% relaxed with places and I was fairly sure I found myself in these situations more often than her.

“Have you ever been here before?” I enquired at one point while we were walking back to our table to get a drink.

“Yup, a couple times actually,” she said as she wrapped her arm around my waist.  “Why?”

“Oh, I don’t know,” I said uncomfortably, feeling bad because I didn’t want to bring up her money situation, but she caught on quickly.

“I wasn’t always a single mother with money problems, plus I grew up in LA, I got to know people,” she said with a wicked smile that made me laugh.

“I didn’t mean to be judgmental,” I said into her ear as I squeezed her tight against my side.

“No harm, I know I don’t tell you a lot about my past life, so it’s only natural for you to have questions.”

“When are you going to tell me more?” I asked sincerely, wishing I could know every secret about her, only to share every one of mine.

She looked up at me with her sweet green eyes and said, “In time.”  I kissed her and then left go of her hand so that she could head to the bathroom.

As I walked out of the bathroom and into the crowded hallway I found myself walking smack into a hard chested man.  “Sorry,” I said without even bothering to look up, already embarrassed enough about the situation.  But as I went to side step the guy he gently grabbed my arms, getting my attention.

“Avery,” Evan said as I looked up and found his greenish blue eyes looking down at me.
“What are you doing here?” I asked stupidly.

A sexy smile graced his face as he laughed at my question.  “Probably doing the same thing you are; enjoying a night out on the town,” he said.  “I saw you earlier on the dance floor with Lupul, but you seemed too wrapped up in him for me to get your attention.”

I didn’t even bother saying anything; I just raised my eyebrows, coaxing him to get on with it.

He took my hand and led me outside to the little outdoor garden that was adjacent to the club, where people would get some fresh air.  “I tried calling you the other week…” he started saying as I instantly nodded my head.

“I know.”

“Why didn’t you call me back?  I’ve thought about you ever since I saw you, but I was afraid you might get upset if I stopped by,” he said sadly.  “In fact I’ve thought about you since the last morning I woke up with you in my arms, Avery.”

“Oh spare me the bullshit, Evan,” I grumbled as I folded my arms in front of my chest, in hopes it would protect my heart that had begun to hurt.  There were many nights I dreamed of hearing those words from him, but now hearing them I just wanted to run away screaming.

“I would if it wasn’t bullshit,” he said as he grabbed my arms again, causing me to look up at him again.  “You know me, I can’t lie to you.”

He was right.  He had never been a good liar.  He tried telling me that he hadn’t slept with anyone during his first season in Tampa, but one look into his eyes and I knew he wasn’t telling me the truth.  Of course this was after he asked me to move to Tampa with him and that was the last night I spent in his bed.

“Why didn’t you ever call me to give me an answer?”

“I was pretty sure you’d get the hint on what my answer was if I didn’t contact you,” I said simply, not trying to be mean but just trying to guard myself. “Besides, you obviously knew where I worked, it’s not like you couldn’t have gotten a hold of me if you really wanted to.
“You know how hectic things get…”

“I don’t want to talk about this here,” I said to him as my teeth began to chatter from being sweated and standing in the cooler night air.

“Then please…” he started to say before he was interrupted by Krissy finding us.

“Avery! There you…Oh, hey Evan!” she said in her normal cheerful voice.  “You two know each other?” She asked as she came over and gave Evan a friendly hug.

“You two know each other?” I asked, not allowing Evan to answer for us.

“Yeah,” she said with a bright smile.  “We were in school together from grade school on up.  Right Evan?”

“Yup, it’s been a while,” he said with the smile I had once adored so much.  “Are you two here together?” he asked, looking back and forth at me and Krissy.

“Yeah my fiancé, Bobby, is best friends with her boyfriend, Joffrey.  We are out with a bunch of the guys from team… Actually, you should come to the game tomorrow! That way we can all catch up, Avery will be there too!” she suddenly exclaimed.  As much as I loved Krissy, she was sometimes way too friendly with people, thinking that everyone in the world had to be as happy as she was. 

Please say you have something better to do, please say you have something better to do…

“Sure! I’ve wanted to get to a game since I’ve been back,” he said with a smile as he looked over at me, obviously looking for a reaction.

Fuck Me.  “That’s a great idea,” I said with a fake smile.

“What’s a great idea?” Joffrey asked, completely making me jump out of my skin since I had no clue he had now come out to join the happy crowd we had become.

“Evan is going to come to the game tomorrow,” Krissy said with a big smile.  “It will actually be Joffrey’s first game back tomorrow!”

“Oh, cool, that’s great,” he said as he nodded over to Joff yet still keeping an eye on me.

“Well, here’s my number…” Krissy said to Evan, effectively pulling his attention to her and away from me and Joff.

“I was getting worried about you,” Joffrey whispered as he wrapped an arm around me.  
“I’m soon ready to kick this joint and go home, you game?” he asked with worried eyes.

“Yeah, this has been a long enough night for me,” I quietly agreed as we walked back into the club, forgetting about Krissy and Evan.


1 comment:

  1. The sheet is about to hit zee fan!! Great update, I am excited to see where this goes.

    ReplyDelete